Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Dead and the Gone

Hey all, remember when I read this book? Well, I decided to read the next one too, and thus you're getting this post about The Dead and the Gone.


Once again, this book is about what happens in the aftermath of the moon getting pushed dramatically closer to the earth.  This time it follows Alex Morales and his two sisters in New York trying to survive.  The circumstances and preparation of the family is much different from Miranda's family in the previous book, but they face many of the same problems.  The book was pretty good and kept me reading, but I have an issue that also comes from the previous installment.  The teenager main characters are so...unstable or something.  Their tempers flair at the most unhelpful of times.  I'm not exactly the most well-hinged person all the time, but even I can keep it together in an emergency situation.

I don't want to give you too many details because that takes the fun out of you reading it, but I did enjoy this book and read it rather quickly.  I've added the third book to my to read stack and will, of course, let you know my thoughts once I get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment