Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Midnighters: The Secret Hour

Most of you out there have probably read the Uglies series by Scott Westerfield.  Midnighters is another series that I grabbed to read.  I have extremely mixed feelings about this book.  When I started it I didn't want to like it (because I had a strange, slightly negative experience with the Uglies series), but then the story grabbed me and I got interested.  It's an interesting fantasy tale of what happens during a secret, hidden, twenty fifth hour of the day.  Only a select few people "midnighters" are awake and aware during this time while the rest of the world is frozen.


The book is mysterious and kind of intriguing.  The story has the potential to be awesome, but I really can't decide if I'm going to read the other books or if I'll just read the summaries on Wikipedia.  I love books, but I just struggle with Westerfield's second and third books in a trilogy.  Long story.  

No comments:

Post a Comment