Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Toads and Diamonds

It's hard for me to think of something I could or should write about Toads and Diamonds.  I just really didn't like it.  It was SO slow that I just couldn't get into it and it took me almost two weeks to read.  At times the story was incoherent and just jumped around.  I really think the story idea has potential, but I really didn't like this book even a little.


The story is set in a fictional place based on India.  When their father dies sisters Tana and Diribani aren't sure how they're going to survive, until their both blessed with a gift from a goddess.  One speaks gems and flowers while the other speaks toads, frogs, and snakes.  The story follows the sisters as they try to find purpose in their gifts and help their family and friends.

See?  It sounds like a good story with great potential and a rich cultural setting and it was just...boring.  If you care to try it or did and liked it, please feel free to share your thoughts.  I'd love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment