Monday, September 5, 2011

Percy Jackson

Hey all, sorry I dropped of the face of the planet.  I got a teaching job at the last minute and had a lot to do.  I finished the Percy Jackson series and quite enjoyed it (the fourth and fifth books were my favorites), but not enough to start reading the other Camp Half-Blood books and wait for them to come out.  I think the series as a whole is a great fantasy read for kids and you don't really have to be concerned much with content except for the youngest readers.  Perhaps I'm a little too liberal on this front, but I don't think any of the content would prevent me from letting a reader of any age read it.  It's not nightmare material in my opinion.

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know that I am still reading (and my books are currently late to the library) and I'm alive.  What are you reading these days?

2 comments:

  1. I'm reading "The First Days of School"- Teacher reference book, and A Great and Terrible Beauty, and The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. Last one probably my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree that Percy Jackson is fine for children... I would let Adam read them and have encouraged him to. (I'm fairly protective of what he reads) However, he's more interested in Fablehaven at this time, so we're doing that. The Narnia series is next for us.

    ReplyDelete