Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Forbidden Sea

So with student teaching and everything else going on in my life, it has been hard to fit in reading. However, I have made a goal to read at least a chapter a day. Last week, I started reading a chapter a day of the book Forbidden Sea and within a few chapters, I could not put it down! I really enjoyed this book. It had an interesting take on mermaids as the town Windwaithe is haunted by an one hundred year old legend of a mermaid who lures her prey out to the sea with her music. When the main character realizes this mermaid is after her sister, she has to try everything to keep her away from the sea. From the first chapter, I was hooked to see what would happen next with the mermaid and the main character's inner struggle with her own personal problems. It is a fast read and has a great story; my only regret is that it left me wanting more, in a good way.  Sheila A. Nielson is a local author and works at the Provo Library in the children's section.

No comments:

Post a Comment