Thursday, December 2, 2010

Provo Library Book Sale

On November 20th, I was able to attend the Provo Library book sale. If you are a Friend of the Library, members get in at 9am instead of 10am, so of course I signed up. As I walked over to the event at 9am, I saw crowds of people rush through the doors to get to the book sale in the basement. Naturally, I started to run with them. When I got in, I saw hundreds of books organized by fiction, nonfiction, movies, young adult books, pictures books, etc. I went straight for the young adult chapter books because I hope to teach the older grades. All of these books were $.50 each in really good condition. There were some very popular titles like Artemis Fowl, The Lightening Thief, Inkheart, Eragon, Shannon Hale books, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Magic Tree House, Harry Potter, Twilight, Newberry books, and many more. By the end of it all, I dragged my box full of 66 books and check out only spending $33 for these hard copy books. I highly recommend this book sale to anyone looking for a good read at a cheap prince. The most expensive items were $1.50. The next event will be February 19th, 2011. Recommendation- Bring a big bag to carry your books in if you are like me and buy a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment