Sunday, December 19, 2010

Glimpse

I started this book last night and I finished it last night. I'd read another of this author's book over the summer (The Chosen One) which was extremely creepy and dramatic. Same with this one.


This is a dark book. It's one of those ones written in poem style. I think the writing was pretty good, but I had the plot figured out not far in. It was interesting still to read along as the main character figured out what was happening. Glimpse was emotional, but not so much that I was pulled in and cried or anything like that. I want to re-emphasize how dark this plot is because it's not appropriate in the elementary school classroom, even upper elementary. Without telling you much of the plot (because I don't want to spoil it), the book starts with the older sister holding a gun to her head and contemplating suicide. Yeah...wait until later middle school or high school for this one, but it's a good read for a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment